Sunday, May 6, 2007

End of Week One


Kim holding the boys with Sophia







The triplets are now one week old, and becoming more and more aware every day. We are getting to hold them more, and helping out with changing of diapers. They encougrage skin-to-skin contact when holding as it helps them feel more comfortable.



When I came in yesterday, Kim was holding both Jack and Nate at the same time. She made it look so easy, that I took a stab at it as well. But I had a harder time, as they kept sliding off my chest.


Kim and I are working from their room a couple hours a day so we can hang out with them, and get to spend time with them during feedings when they are awake. It still feels weird to go home at night and just leave them behind.


The nurses have been great, and do little craft projects at night that we find the next day. It's like having elves surprise us each day.


Gabbi is awake





Everyone has been very supportive, and great about acknowledging Sophia in this whole process as well. I think it really helps her feel part of the big picture, and not on the outside looking in.








No comments: